Indie Author Night!
If you are a local author who is self-published or published through a small publisher, we would love to consider you for our upcoming Indie Author Night!
Our format is simple: we shoot to bring in about 20 authors. The event starts at 6:00pm, which means we need all authors here by 5:45 to process all the books and make sure everyone is accounted for. Each author will have up to 2 minutes to talk about their book or series. After each author has given their pitch, customers will have the opportunity to purchase books and interact with authors!
- Bring in books for us to sell! Authors get 60% of the cover price, and the store gets 40%. Out of fairness to all authors there is no exception to this.
- We expect each author to bring in at least 5 friends to ensure a large and supportive crowd. 20 authors = 100 fans!
- Have a rehearsed “elevator pitch” (efficient, 1-2-sentence explanation of the premise of your book). This will help with the talk and customer engagement.
- Bring in the style of pen you prefer to autograph with!
Want to participate?
If after reading all of this you are still interested in joining us please email us with “Indie Author Night” as the subject and “In” in the email body to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also send us:
- the title of the book(s) you hope to bring in, along with ISBN and price for each.
- the target audience and genre for the book/series.
- a short one-paragraph bio.
We look forward to hearing from you!