We're excited to welcome twenty local indie and self-published authors in our community for an evening hosted by local author Dana Sullivan on June 14th!
Each author will talk a little about one of their books, and afterwards there will be time to mingle with the authors and buy books. We'll also have an ongoing trivia contest throughout the presentations, with the opportunity for audience members to win signed copies of books and more!
We're finalizing details now, but check out some of the confirmed guests below!
- Beth Bacon, author of Blank Space, a book for kids in 2nd-4th grade.
- H.A. Burns, writing books like Cyborg Dreams (The Mind of Mine) for adult science fiction and adventure lovers (and can be enjoyed by teens as well).
- Dori Hillestad Butler is the award-winning children's mystery author of The Buddy Files: Case of the P-O-U-N-D Pet. She also traditionally publishes the Haunted Library and King and Kayla chapter books.
- Amanda Cherry will talk about Rites and Desires, an adult contemporary fantasy (also good for the YA crowd) about a billionaire supervillain.
- Ellie Collins writes the middle grade Greek mythology fantasy Daisy, Bold & Beautiful.
- Stephanie Collins is the author of true medical drama/unconventional love story With Angel's Wings.
- Robin Dalmas writes Boisterous Bird of Paradise, nonfiction tales of travel, sailing, swimming, and love.
- Gordon Gravley, author of The Quieting West, a novel of the old west and the silent film era.
- Elena Hartwell writes the Eddie Shoes Mystery Series, the most recent of which is Three Strikes, You’re Dead, for teens and adults.
- Kim Hornsby, who writes adult suspense about women saving themselves in dire circumstances, including the award-winning The Dream Jumper's Promise.
- G Elizabeth Kretchmer writes Bear Medicine, women’s literary fiction that alternates between contemporary and historical times and explores how women must help women in this male-dominated world.
- Ashton Macaulay writes humorous stories inspired by myths, including Whiteout (A Nick Ventner Adventure).
- Jasmine Silvera writes romantic urban fantasy, and the first in her series is Death's Dancer.
- Larry J. Snyder is the author of Ten Years in Tuscany, a book for people who love Italy, Italian food, wine, photography, village experiences, and are looking for inspiration to live abroad.
- Symphony Tafreshi is the author of the children's book Lennon, wake up!
- Karen Ullery writes the wellness series BodyOpolis and the Vitamin Heroes for children.
- Dawn Vogel writes the Brass and Glass series, steampunk action-adventure book for teens to adults.
- Jeremy Zimmerman, author of the young adult superhero novel Kensei.